PUPIL PREMIUM FUNDING
Pupil Premium Statement
At Carlton J and I School, we aim to ensure targeted use of Pupil Premium provision to support children at the school in accessing and achieving academic, personal, spiritual and social development so that all children can achieve their full potential.
We have a detailed focus on the specific ring-fenced funding on supporting disadvantaged pupils to achieve their highest levels of achievement and attainment possible, so narrowing the gap between themselves and pupils from more affluent backgrounds.
Aims and Objectives:
- To promote a high profile approach to meeting the needs of disadvantaged pupils.
- To analyse pupil data and information in order to identify circumstances that may be barriers to learning.
- To provide a plan of support provision based on pupil data and current relevant pupil information.
- To ensure the best possible delivery of teaching and learning provision in all classrooms.
- To provide a wide range of targeted group and individual support packages designed to meet the needs of specific vulnerable pupils.
- To ensure provisions are set with clear success criteria for each actions, linked to measurable outcomes.
- To provide support for pupil positive thinking through effective mentoring in order to be able to maintain high aspirations during any time of personal crisis.
- To support and promote good attendance
- To offer a rich and varied curriculum of educational experiences to broaden the opportunities of specific vulnerable pupils.
- To ensure that social / economic barriers do not cause vulnerable children to be unable to participate fully in school life and educational experiences.
- To ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of support measures in order to assess impact and ensure effectiveness. This will inform future plans, provide accountability and develop best-value measures.
Pupils identified as pupil premium will be clearly identified to staff through Tracking information and Class Profiles in order for their specific support to be provided, monitored and reviewed appropriately.
The needs of individual pupils will be analysed using a wide range of information, including:
- Progress and attainment tracking
- Through Pupil Progress meetings
- Class teacher observations and APP information from target-setting staff meetings.
- Tracking attendance
- Outcomes from lesson observations, learning walks, book scrutinies, Moderation and
Range of provision:
The range of provision at Carlton J and I School will include:
Achievement and Standards
- Effective teaching and learning classroom provision as seen in teacher’s planning and evaluations and in target meetings with senior staff.
- Targeted intervention for underachieving pupils as highlighted in Provision Mapping and review at target meetings.
- Targeted ‘booster’ sessions aimed at encouraging higher attainment
- Access to specifically tailored resources matched to needs.
- Access to Learning Mentors to be able to accurately access individual needs in order to remove any barriers to learning.
- Allocation of Learning Mentors / HLTAs to specific individual classes
- Allocation of ‘Booster Groups’ to specific individuals.
- Allocation of funding to be increase Teaching Assistant hours for quality dialogue between teacher and assistant
- Access to Learning Mentors to raise self-esteem and promote appropriate choices in order to maximise learning opportunities.
- Behaviour Management strategies from assigned Learning Mentors to guide pupils.
- Family attendance support from our Learning Mentor Team
- Family support and signposting to appropriate agencies from our Learning Mentors
- Availability of transportation where required to easy pupil’s attendance and punctuality.
- Access to a wide range of educational experiences and inspirations, including; trips, visitors and special events.
The provision will be led by the headtecaher, with the allocation, planning, monitoring and reviewing carried out in conjunction with the SMT, teaching and support staff and the nominated named governor for Pupil Premium.
Role of the Coordinating Team:
The coordinating team will have responsibility for:
- Up-dating policies.
- Writing and updating the Curriculum Action Plan.
- Monitoring and evaluating teaching and learning through work scrutiny, planning example and lesson observations.
- Checking and purchasing resources (where applicable).
- Liaise with relevant staff and other stake-holders regarding pupil progress and fair allocation
- access to relevant resources.
Role of Governors:
The governing body of Carlton J and I School will be involved in monitoring policies, action plans and will be encouraged to observe and scrutinise how Pupil Premium funding is effectively used. A designated governor / governor team will take on specific roles in the scrutinising and reporting of Pupil Premium money.
Assessment, Recording, Monitoring and Reporting:
It is the responsibility of the headteacher to produce regular reports for Governors on:
- The progress made towards narrowing the gap for socially disadvantaged pupils.
- The provision currently in place at Carlton.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the provisions in order to evaluate best value.
- Evaluation of the impact of the provisions in terms of progress made by pupils.
- Future plans for provision in order to ensure continuing success.
- The Governors of Carlton J and I School will ensure there is an annual statement to parents on how the Pupil Premium funding has been used to address the issue of ‘narrowing the gap’ for socially disadvantaged pupils.