We offer a caring, safe and stimulating environment where all children can develop the skills required for their education and future.
We know that young children learn at a dramatic rate, particularly in their first few years of life. We want to build on prior achievements undertaken at home and work with parents to give children a good start. The majority of learning takes place through play and in Continuous Provision, with short periods of direct teaching or activities.
In our Foundation Stage Unit, we endeavour to:
- Offer a stimulating and caring environment in which children feel safe and confident to be themselves and build strong relationships.
- Deliver a curriculum that is shaped around the children and personalised with high quality learning experiences. Our curriculum is designed to engage and motivate children of all backgrounds and from different starting points.
- Develop language and literacy skills through books, stories, games and quality interactions.
- Encourage social skills through interaction with other children and adults, learning to take turns, sharing and using good manners.
- Nurture a natural curiosity already within children by giving them first hand experiences through which they can find answers to their many questions and also raise new questions relating to their environment and the world around them.
- Encourage parents in the development of their child in a supportive and reassuring way.
- Have high expectations to equip children with the skills and knowledge needed for them to be ready for their next steps in education and life.