Intent and Implementation
At Carlton Junior and Infant School SRE is defined as learning about physical, moral and emotional development, love and care towards others and about the teaching of sex. Through the teaching of sex and relationships education children will learn about attitudes and values, personal and social skills and will develop their knowledge and understanding. Children are also taught about personal space and privacy. Each year group will follow the SRE curriculum from the Jigsaw Changing Me topic. This will always be taught with the second half of the summer term. The aim is also to ensure children are prepare children for the next stage of their learning journey be this moving within our school or indeed moving onto secondary school.
At Carlton we aim to:
- Develop confident and effective communicators who value themselves and others.
- Encourage enquiring minds.
- Meet the needs of all pupils enabling them to reach their full potential
- Provide children with an education appropriate to the world beyond the classroom
- Help children to live together within the community, displaying tolerance and sensitivity
- Develop in children a sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline
- Develop in children spiritual awareness.
Please use the links below to see the SRE specific policy and the SRE scheme of work.
SRE Scheme of Work