RSE Intent and Implementation
At Carlton Junior and Infant School RSE is defined as learning about physical, moral and emotional development, love and care towards others and about the teaching of sex.
Through the teaching of sex and relationships education children will learn about attitudes and values, personal and social skills and will develop their knowledge and understanding.
Children are also taught about personal space and privacy. Each year group will follow the RSE curriculum from the 1 Decision Resources. The aim is also to ensure children are prepared for the next stage of their learning journey within our school or indeed moving onto secondary school.
At Carlton we aim to:
Develop confident and effective communicators who value themselves and others
- Encourage enquiring minds
- Meet the needs of all pupils enabling them to reach their full potential
- Provide children with an education appropriate to the world beyond the classroom
- Help children to live together within the community, displaying tolerance and sensitivity
- Develop in children a sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline
- Develop in children spiritual awareness
Please use the links below to see the RSE specific policy and the RSE scheme of work.
Consulting with stakeholders has been key to developing an effective policy. All consolation is ongoing.
Here is a link to the outcomes of the consultation so far
85% have read and understood the policy
86% understand what the children will learn and when
33% would like to attend RSE related workshops
88% are pleased that their children will learn about different aspects of relationships
20% would like to know more about how to withdraw their child from RSE
46% would like to know where they can find more information regarding RSE at home
92% agree RSE should reflect the diverse world we live in
|Relationships and Sex Education (RSE).pdf
RSE Scheme of Work
|RSE Scheme of Work.pdf